Institute for Statistics and Mathematics
WU Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien
- High performance computing and applications in R
- Distributed text mining
- Optimization software packages
- Collaborative software development in the R community
Courses WS 10
- 2141 Mathematische Methoden fuer die Informatik
- Statistical Natural Language Processing (mentoring assistant)
Contributions to the R-project
My major contribution to the R Community is R-Forge which offers a central platform for the development of R packages, R-related software and further projects. In addition to several web based features R-Forge offers a CRAN-style repository for hosting development releases of R packages as well as a quality management system similar to that of CRAN.
I maintain the CRAN task view Optimization and Mathematical Programming. This view contains a list of packages which offer facilities for solving optimization problems.
Last change: 2010-10-19